BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Clavaux family come from? What is the French Clavaux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Clavaux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Clavaux family history?The prestigious surname Clavaux originated in the beautiful and majestic region of Poitou in France. France was notorious for its eccentric kings, but it was revered for its contributions to European art and culture. The surname Clavaux originally came from the region of Poitou. It is a topographical name, which is a type of hereditary surname. Topographical surnames were taken from physical features or landmarks that the family lived near.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Clave, de Clave, Clavé, Clavet, Clavette, Clavau, Clavaud, Clavaut, Clavaux and many more.
First found in Poitou, where the family was anciently established in a village of Aunis, in the department of Charente-Inférieure, in the district of La Rochelle.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Clavaux research. Another 132 words(9 lines of text) covering the years 1815, 1826, 1835, and 1881 are included under the topic Early Clavaux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Clavaux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jean Claveau, a tailor, the son of Eustache and Catherine Bonnet, of Marand, in the diocese of LaRochelle, who married Marie-Louise Doyon in Quebec City in 1736.
The Clavaux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Clavaux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 15:41.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.