BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, German, Norwegian, Swedish
Where did the Norwegian Christiansen family come from? What is the Norwegian Christiansen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Christiansen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Christiansen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Christiansen Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Christina Bleyers Christiansen, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1648
- Hans Christiansen, who arrived in America in 1659
- Henrich Christiansen, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1659
- Marie Cornelissen Christiansen, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1659
- Marritje Cornelis Christiansen, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1659
Christiansen Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Christiansen, who landed in New York in 1715
- John Christian Christiansen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1731-1751
Christiansen Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Marthin Christiansen, aged 22, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Ole Christiansen, aged 33, arrived in New York, NY in 1869
- Soren Chr Christiansen, aged 43, landed in New York, NY in 1869
- Thomas Chr Christiansen, aged 36, arrived in New York, NY in 1869
- Carl Frederick Christiansen, aged 32, arrived in New York, NY in 1869
Christiansen Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- George Nicholas Christiansen, who arrived in Colorado in 1907
- Einar Christiansen, who landed in Alabama in 1913
- Frederick Christiansen, who landed in Wisconsin in 1914
- Christian Christiansen, who landed in Alabama in 1921
- F. Melius Christiansen (1871-1955), Norwegian-born American violinist and choral conductor
- Larry M. Christiansen (b. 1956), American chess Grandmaster
- Major-General James George Christiansen (1897-1982), American Commanding General 6th Armored Division (1952-1953)
- Lauritz Christiansen (1867-1930), Norwegian sailor who competed in the 1920 Summer Olympics
- Rune Christiansen (b. 1963), Norwegian poet and novelist
- Christian Christiansen (1843-1917), Danish physicist elected a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in 1902
- Wilbur Norman Christiansen (1913-2007), pioneer Australian radio astronomer
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
The Christiansen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Christiansen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 August 2012 at 15:58.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is