BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Castor family come from? What is the English Castor family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castor family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castor family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coster, Costar, Costard, Costerman and others.
First found in Gloucestershire in the west of England where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castor research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castor Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Samuel Castor, who landed in Virginia in 1664
Castor Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Julius Castor, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1867
- Betty Castor (b. 1941), American educator and politician, past President of the University of South Florida
- Bruce Castor (b. 1961), American lawyer and politician, District Attorney of Montgomery County
- George A. Castor (1855-1906), American politician
- Jimmy Castor (b. 1947), American pop and funk musician, best known of his hit Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Kathy Castor (b. 1966), American politician, U.S. Representative for Florida's 11th congressional district
- Brian Castor (1889-1979), Guyanese-born, English cricketer
- Benjamin Castor (1741-1825) and Descendants.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
The Castor Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castor Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 December 2012 at 19:32.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is