BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Castor family come from? What is the English Castor family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castor family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castor family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coster, Costar, Costard, Costerman and others.
First found in Gloucestershire in the west of England where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castor research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castor Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Samuel Castor, who landed in Virginia in 1664
Castor Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Julius Castor, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1867
- Betty Castor (b. 1941), American educator and politician, past President of the University of South Florida
- Bruce Castor (b. 1961), American lawyer and politician, District Attorney of Montgomery County
- George A. Castor (1855-1906), American politician
- Jimmy Castor (b. 1947), American pop and funk musician, best known of his hit Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Kathy Castor (b. 1966), American politician, U.S. Representative for Florida's 11th congressional district
- Brian Castor (1889-1979), Guyanese-born, English cricketer
- Benjamin Castor (1741-1825) and Descendants.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Castor Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castor Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 December 2012 at 19:32.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is