An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Italian Cassanova family come from? What is the Italian Cassanova family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cassanova family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cassanova family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cassano, Cassani, Cassiano, Cassiani, Casciano, Casciani, Cassanello, Cassanelli, Cascianelli, Cascianini, Cassius, Casano, Casana, Casani, Casiano, Casino, Cassino, Cascante and many more.
First found in Modena, anciently Mutina, a city in Emilia capital of the province of Modena. It became Roman in 215 B.C. It was successfully defended by Brutus against Mark Anthony. It changed hands many times between Church and Duchy. In 1859 the inhabitants declared in favor of unity with the Kingdom of Italy. The Ducal Palace is a notable. Rich in art the city has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cassanova research. Another 387 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1782, 1852, 1625, 1712, 1677, 1756, 1478, 1600 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Cassanova History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 189 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cassanova Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cassanova Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
The Cassanova Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cassanova Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 June 2012 at 11:32.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.