BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Cardona family come from? What is the Spanish Cardona family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cardona family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cardona family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cardona, Cardon, Cardonne, Cardonas, Cardonan, Cardonna and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cardona research. Another 249 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1482 and 1722 are included under the topic Early Cardona History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Cardona Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Esteban Cardona who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1535
- Melchor De Cardona who immigrated to Honduras with his family in 1590
- Alonso De Cardona who settled in Guatemala in 1595
Cardona Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Cardona, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1804
- Rafael Cardona, aged 17, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1822
- Juan Cardona, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Alejandro Cardona, aged 21, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1851
- G F Cardona, aged 31, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1854
Cardona Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Gabriel Cardona, aged 36, who emigrated to America from Havana, in 1903
- Gerardo Cardona, aged 23, who landed in America from Barcelona, in 1905
- Cardona, aged 22, who landed in America from Barcelona, in 1905
- Fermin Cardona, aged 22, who settled in America from Santigo, in 1906
- Charles Cardona, aged 21, who landed in America from Lurin, Italy, in 1907
- Mario Hinojosa Cardona (b. 1919), radiologist in Ecuador
- Juan Carlos Cardona Rivas (b. 1974), Columbian male Olympic marathon runner
- Isaías Martín Cardona Ascencio (b. 1991), undefeated Mexican professional boxer
- Germán Cardona Gutiérrez (b. 1956), Minister of Transport of Colombia
- Mark "Macmac" Cardona (b. 1981), Filipino professional basketball player
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Cardona Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cardona Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 September 2014 at 07:38.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is