An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Italian Capponi family come from? What is the Italian Capponi family crest and coat of arms? When did the Capponi family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Capponi family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Caputa, Caputo, Caputi, Capone, Capo, Caponi, Caponio, Capoccia, Capozzolo, Capocetti, Caponetti and many more.
First found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy, and chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Capponi research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1550, 1550, 1582, 1659, 1621, 1645, 1629, 1659, 1649, 1659, 1560, 1774 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Capponi History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Capponi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Carlo Caputo, who settled in New York sometime between 1884 and 1905; Pasquale Caputo, who arrived in New York sometime between 1884 and 1915; Giorgio Caputo, who came to New York, NY in 1893.
The Capponi Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Capponi Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 July 2013 at 10:30.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.