100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Camacho family come from? What is the Spanish Camacho family crest and coat of arms? When did the Camacho family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Camacho family history?From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Camacho family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames. Nickname surnames were derived from an eke-name, or added name.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Camacho, Camachón, Camachon, Camachos, Camachuelo and others.
First found in Valencia, on Spain's Mediterranean coast.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Camacho research. Another 546 words(39 lines of text) covering the years 1094, 1099, 1102, 1238, 1352, 1561, 1622, 1650, 1672, 1680, 1742, 1772, and 1824 are included under the topic Early Camacho History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 62 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Camacho Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Antonio Camacho, who sailed to Hispaniola in 1512
- Cristóbal Camacho,sailed to America in 1512
- Benito Camacho, voyaged to America in 1512 with 2 servants
- Martín Camacho, went to America in 1527
- Bartolomé Camacho Zambrano, who accompanied Jiménez de Quesada on an expedition to Colombia in 1536. He founded the city of Tunja
Camacho Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Camacho, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1802
- Gonzalo Camacho, who arrived in America in 1811
- Antonio Camacho, who landed in Espanola in 1812
- Benito Camacho, who arrived in America in 1812
- Cristobal Camacho, who landed in America in 1812
- Ernest Carlos Camacho (b. 1955), American former professional baseball player
- Agustín Carreño Camacho (b. 1909), Spanish doctor
- Manuel Ávila Camacho (1897-1955), President of Mexico (1940-46)
- Héctor Camacho (b. 1962), Puerto Rican professional boxer
- Mark Camacho (b. 1964), Canadian actor
- Juan Carlos Camacho Vega (b. 1977), Colombian sculptor and writer
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Camacho Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Camacho Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 July 2013 at 00:49.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!