BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Bye family come from? What is the English Bye family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bye family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bye family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bye, Buy, Boy, Bouie, Bluy, Buie, By, Biye, Bie and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bye research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1250 and 1300 are included under the topic Early Bye History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bye Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Bye family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bye Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John Bye, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1698
- Thomas Bye, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1699
Bye Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Margaret Bye, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1701
- Stephen Bye, who landed in Virginia in 1714
- Sarah Bye who settled in Virginia in 1731
- Karyn L. Bye (b. 1971), American ice hockey player
- Beth Bye, American politician from Connecticut
- George Thurman Bye (1887-1957), American Literary agent of Frank Buck and Eleanor Roosevelt
- Kermit Edward Bye (b. 1937), American federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals
- Nicholas Bye, former Conservative local politician in England
- James Henry Bye (1920-1995), English professional footballer
- Edward Richard Morrison Bye, British film and TV producer and director
- Ronald Joseph Bye (b. 1937), former Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Aase SynnÝve Bye (1904-1991), Norwegian actress, known from stage, film and television
- Robert James Bye (1889-1962), Welsh recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Bye Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bye Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 August 2012 at 19:35.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is