BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Bussiere family come from? What is the French Bussiere family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bussiere family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bussiere family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Buxy, Buxie, Buxies, le Buxy, de Buxy, Buxey, Boux, Bouxy, Bouxie, Bouxies and many more.
First found in Poitou, where the family held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bussiere research. Another 295 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1336, 1567, 1626, 1648, 1659, 1667, 1668, and 1788 are included under the topic Early Bussiere History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bussiere Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bussiere Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Armand Bussiere, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1895
Bussiere Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Armand Bussiere, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1900
- Celisse Bussiere, aged 34, who settled in America from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Leonia Bussiere, aged 0, who emigrated to America from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Lucienne Bussiere, aged 10, who landed in America from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Maurice Bussiere, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Gaston Bussière (1862-1928), French Symbolist painter and illustrator
- Michael Bussiere (b. 1959), Canadian fomposer, teacher, producer from Ottawa, Ontario
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Bussiere Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bussiere Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 June 2013 at 14:08.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is