BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Scottish Brothers family come from? What is the Scottish Brothers family crest and coat of arms? When did the Brothers family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Brothers family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Broder, Brothers, Brother, Broders, Broaders, Broathers, Broather and many more.
First found in Oxfordshire, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brothers research. Another 278 words(20 lines of text) covering the year 1273 is included under the topic Early Brothers History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Brothers Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Brothers family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 85 words(6 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brothers Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John Brothers, who arrived in Maryland in 1664
- Dennis Brothers, who landed in Maryland in 1678
- John Brothers arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682
Brothers Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Sarni Brothers, who landed in Virginia in 1701
- Sarah Brothers, who landed in Virginia in 1701
Brothers Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- William Brothers, aged 7, arrived in New York, NY in 1803
- Charlotte Brothers, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1803
- Saml Brothers, aged 12, arrived in New York, NY in 1803
- Samuel Brothers, aged 12, landed in New York, NY in 1803
- Mary Brothers, aged 19, arrived in New York, NY in 1803
- Joyce Brothers (1928-2013), American pop psychologist, columnist, author, lecturer, and radio personality
- Kerry Brothers Jr. (b. 1970), multi-Grammy Award-winning American songwriter and record producer
- Jim Brothers (1941-2013), American figurative sculptor
- Air Commodore Peter Malam Brothers CBE, DSO, DFC & Bar (1917-2008), famed World War II Royal Air Force fighter pilot during the Battle of Britain
- Richard Brothers (1757-1824), English religious extremist
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Black, George F. The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Warner, Philip Warner. Famous Scottish Battles. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1996. Print. (ISBN 0-76070-004-4).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Brothers Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Brothers Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2013 at 13:00.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is