BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, German-Alt, German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Brant family come from? What is the Jewish Brant family crest and coat of arms? When did the Brant family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Brant family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brant Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Jo Brant, aged 24, arrived in St Christopher in 1635
- Henry Brant, who arrived in Maryland in 1662
Brant Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Wilhelm Brant, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Johannis Brant, aged 16, landed in Pennsylvania in 1736
- Wm Brant, aged 50, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Christian Brant, who landed in New York in 1784
- Bernard Brant, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1796
Brant Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Brant, who arrived in New York in 1828
- William Brant, who arrived in Maryland in 1838
- W Brant, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- I Brant, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- D Brant, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Tim Brant (b. 1949), American sportscaster
- Major-General Gerald Clark Brant (1880-1958), American Commanding General US Army Air Forces Central Flight Training Command (1944)
- Chief Joseph Brant (1742-1807), Mohawk Indian chief, British military officer during the American Revolution
- Henry Brant (1913-2008), Canadian-born composer
- Mary "Molly" Brant (1736-1796), Mohawk leader who had influence within the Iroquois confederacy, more so than her brother Joseph Brant
- The Three Faces of Molly Brant by Earle S. Thomas
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
The Brant Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Brant Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 November 2011 at 11:01.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is