BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Braden family come from? What is the English Braden family crest and coat of arms? When did the Braden family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Braden family history?
The name Braden, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Braden, Braddene, Bradens, Braiding, McBradden and many more.
First found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Braden research. Another 163 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Braden History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Braden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Braden family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 180 words(13 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
The New World beckoned as many of the settlers in Ireland, known as the Scotch/Irish, became disenchanted. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Amongst the early settlers who could be considered kinsmen of the Braden family, or who bore a variation of the surname Braden were
Braden Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Frederick Braden settled in Boston Massachusetts in 1766
Braden Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Braden, aged 37, landed in Delaware in 1812
- Henry Braden arrived in Philadelphia in 1844
- Anton Braden, who arrived in Texas in 1845
- Adam Braden who settled in Texas in 1846 with his wife Barbara
- John Braden, aged 69, arrived in New York, NY in 1850
Braden Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- George Braden, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Emma Braden, aged 18, who emigrated to America from Tyrone, Ireland, in 1908
- Charles Braden, aged 62, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Clara E. Braden, aged 22, who settled in America, in 1911
- Ellen Braden, aged 18, who landed in America from Dromalais, Ireland, in 1911
- John Braden (1949-2004), American writer, producer, and director of motion pictures and television programs
- Allen Braden, award-winning American poet
- George C. Braden, American politician, 41st Lieutenant Governor of Ohio from 1928 to 1929
- Thomas Wardell Braden (1917-2009), American journalist, best remembered as the author of Eight is Enough
- Bernard Braden (1916-1993), Canadian-born, English actor and comedian, actor, and commentator
- Alison Braden (b. 1982), Canadian female water polo player silver medalist
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Braden Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Braden Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 February 2014 at 19:29.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is