BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Boisvert family come from? What is the French Boisvert family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boisvert family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boisvert family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boivin, Boivan, Boiveau, Boisyvon, Boisvert, Boivent, Boisvert, Boivigne and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where they held a family seat in the seigneurie of Bacqueville and were members of the aristocracy of that region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boisvert research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1070, 1066, 1810, 1789, 1649 and 1706 are included under the topic Early Boisvert History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boisvert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Pierre Boivan settled in Quebec from Normandy in 1664; Alain Boivan settled in Quebec in 1747 from Brittany; Louis Boivan settled in Quebec from Champagne in 1745..
- Alexandre Boisvert (b. 1977), American actor
- Frédérik Boisvert, Canadian political adviser
- Laurier J. Boisvert, former President of the Canadian Space Agency
- Michael Boisvert (b. 1973), Canadian actor and choreographer
- Serge Boisvert (b. 1959), Canadian ice hockey player
- Fabien Boisvert (1839-1897), Canadian politician, land surveyor and farmer
- Maurice Boisvert (b. 1897), Canadian politician and lawyer
- Gilles Boisvert (b. 1933), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Gilles Boisvert (b. 1940), Canadian artist and sculptor
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Boisvert Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boisvert Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 May 2014 at 15:54.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is