BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Boeck family come from? What is the German Boeck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boeck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boeck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boeckmann, Boeckman, Boechmann, Boechman, Boeckemann, Boeckeman, Boechemann, Boecheman, Bochmonn, Bokman, Bokmann and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Boeckmann contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the national conflicts of the area.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boeck research. Another 117 words(8 lines of text) covering the year 1803 is included under the topic Early Boeck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Boeck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boeck Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Jean Wentzell Boeck, who arrived in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1782
Boeck Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Boeck, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Michael Boeck, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1860
Boeck Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Auguste Boeck, aged 30, who landed in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Martha Boeck, aged 16, who settled in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Maria Boeck, aged 10, who emigrated to the United States from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Marie Boeck, aged 39, who landed in America from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Anselmo Boeck, aged 32, who emigrated to America from Brussels, Belgium, in 1907
- Eugen von Boeck (1823-1823), German educator and scientist
- Jonas Axel Boeck (1833-1873), Norwegian marine biologist
- Marcelo Boeck (b. 1984), Brazilian footballer
- Julianus Marie August de Boeck (1865-1937), Flemish composer and organist
- Christian Peder Bianco Boeck (1798-1877), Norwegian doctor, zoologist and mountaineer
- Cæsar Peter Møller Boeck (1845-1917), Norwegian dermatologist
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Boeck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boeck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 August 2014 at 19:24.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is