BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Blocker family come from? What is the German Blocker family crest and coat of arms? When did the Blocker family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Blocker family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Blucher, Bluche, Bluchen, Bluchern, Bleicher, Blocher, Blocker, Blochhausen, Blochmann and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Blucher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the Blucher family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blocker research. Another 171 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1814, 1815, and 1827 are included under the topic Early Blocker History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Blocker Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Blocker Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Eliza Blocker, who came to Virginia in 1638
Blocker Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Blocker, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Michael Blocker, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
Blocker Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Juthile Blocker, who settled in New York, NY in 1847
- Henrich Blocker, who arrived in Scott Co. IA in 1852
- Christian Blocker, who settled in Philadelphia in 1858
- Mathew Blocker, who arrived in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1876
- Mathew Blocker, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
Blocker Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Blocker, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Wald, Germany, in 1907
- Heinrich Blocker, aged 18, who settled in America from Russee, Germany, in 1908
- Detlof Blocker, aged 22, who landed in America from Ressice, Germany, in 1909
- Anna Blocker, aged 17, who landed in America from Dernhan, Germany, in 1910
- Emmy Blocker, aged 32, who settled in America from Rostock, Germany, in 1911
- Dan Blocker (1928-1972), American actor best remembered for his role as Eric "Hoss" Cartwright in the NBC western television blockbuster Bonanza
- Dennis Dirk Blocker (b. 1957), American actor
- David Blocker, Emmy Award-winning American film producer
- Maurice Blocker (b. 1963), American professional boxer
- Terry Fennell Blocker (b. 1959), former American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Calvin Barry Blocker (b. 1955), American International Master of chess
- Herbert Blöcker (1943-2014), German equestrian, a silver and bronze Olympic medalist at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Blocker Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Blocker Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 March 2014 at 21:05.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is