BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Swedish Bjorklund family come from? What is the Swedish Bjorklund family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bjorklund family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bjorklund family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bjorklund Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Alex Bjorklund, aged 30, who settled in America from Finland, in 1900
- Allein Bjorklund, aged 16, who landed in America from Olofstram, Sweden, in 1907
- Anders Bjorklund, aged 47, who landed in America from Caldemedshyth Sweden, in 1908
- Alrils Bjorklund, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Stockholm, Sweden, in 1912
- Anders Alfred Bjorklund, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Jeppo, Finland, in 1913
- Garry Brian Bjorklund (1951-1976), American middle and long-distance runner at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Blake Bjorklund (b. 1985), born on September 8, 1985 is an American stock car racer
- Joachim Björklund (b. 1971), former Swedish professional footballer
- Karl-Gunnar "Kalle" Björklund (b. 1953), Swedish former football player
- Jan Arne Björklund (b. 1962), Swedish politician
- Leni Christina Elisabeth Björklund (b. 1944), Swedish Social Democratic politician
- Henrik Björklund (b. 1990), Swedish ice hockey forward
- Mr. Ernst Herbert Björklund (d. 1912), aged 18, Swedish Third Class passenger from Stockholm who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- First Lieutenant Arnold L Bjorklund, American soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1943
- Rolf Björklund (1937-1960), Finnish sprint canoer at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
The Bjorklund Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bjorklund Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 February 2014 at 10:51.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is