BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Behling family come from? What is the German Behling family crest and coat of arms? When did the Behling family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Behling family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Balcke, Belke, Behlke, Balck, Bahlke and others.
First found in Stitten in Mecklenburg, where the family played an important role in the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Behling research. Another 139 words(10 lines of text) covering the year 1706 is included under the topic Early Behling History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Behling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Behling Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Carel. Behling, who landed in North America in 1832
- Luder F Behling, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1838
- Dorothea Luise Behling, aged 54, arrived in America in 1843
- Ernest F Behling, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1844
- Robert Behling (b. 1991), German silver and three-time bronze medalist slalom canoer
- Christoph Behling (b. 1970), Swiss-born product designer and founder of Christoph Behling Design, London in 2004
- Clarence Richard "Dick" Behling (1916-1994), Canadian former professional NHL hockey player from Kitchener, Ontario
- Robert E. Behling (b. 1965), United States Antarctic Research Program, summer 1965-66 member, eponym of Mount Behling, Antarctica
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Behling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Behling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 September 2012 at 14:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is