BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Belgium Bartz family come from? What is the Belgium Bartz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bartz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bartz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bartz, Bartzz, Barttz, Barrtz, Barts, Bartez and many more.
First found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Brabant, an ancient duchy from 1190 onward. Within the province Brussels and Louvain are the major cities and the smaller Clabecq, Tubize and Wavre towns. Other towns include Vilvorde, Tirlemont and Hal. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bartz research. Another 228 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bartz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bartz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bartz Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Friedrich Bartz, who landed in America in 1738
- Jacob Bartz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
Bartz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- John Bartz, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Barbe Bartz, who came to Texas in 1846
- Daniel Bartz, who arrived in America in 1851
- Alvina Bartz, who came to Baltimore in 1892
- Augusta Bartz, who settled in Baltimore in 1892
- Gary Bartz (b. 1940), American alto and soprano saxophonist and clarinetist
- Carol Ann Bartz (b. 1948), American business executive, former president and CEO of Yahoo!
- Merlin Bartz (b. 1961), American politician, Iowa State Senator (2009-2013)
- Jennifer Ann Bartz (b. 1955), American competitive swimmer at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Randall "Randy" Bartz (b. 1968), American silver medalist short track speed skater at the 1994 Winter Olympics
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
The Bartz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bartz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 November 2013 at 08:02.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is