BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: French, German
Where did the French Bader family come from? What is the French Bader family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bader family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bader family history?The surname Bader is a local type of surname; it is derived from the local geography near where the original bearer lived or held land. Old records show the name Bader was derived from the Old French word bad, which meant "open." The original bearer, therefore, lived in open land. The verb "badar" is from the "occitan" dialect of Old French, found in the southeast of France.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Badet, Baddet, Baddett, Baddette, Badette, Badett, Badeig and many more.
First found in Provence, where this distinguished family have been seated since very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bader research. Another 313 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1378, 1539, 1607, and 1626 are included under the topic Early Bader History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bader Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bader Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Christoph Bader, who arrived in America in 1730
- Christopher Bader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1730
- Andries Bader, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Michl Bader, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Philip Jacob Bader, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1744
Bader Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Israel Bader, aged 27, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Adam Bader, who settled in Philadelphia in 1834
- Gottfr Bader, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1845
- Jacob Bader, who landed in Texas in 1845
- Joh Mich Bader, who arrived in Texas in 1845
- Diedrich Bader (b. 1966), American actor
- Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Stuart Bader (1910-1982), British fighter pilot and double amputee
- Alfred Bader (b. 1924), industrialist and art collector
- David A. Bader, Associate Professor and Executive Director of High-Performance Computing in the Georgia Tech College of Computing
- Ernst Bader (1914-1999), German actor, composer and songwriter
- Richard F. W. Bader, Canadian quantum chemist, noted for his work on the Atoms in Molecules
- The Bader-Bauder Family of the Mohawk Valley by Peg Bauder Nielsen.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Bader Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bader Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 October 2013 at 12:36.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is