BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Portuguese, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Avila family come from? What is the Spanish Avila family crest and coat of arms? When did the Avila family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Avila family history?Noble surnames, such as Avila, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Avila, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Avila family originally derived its name from the name of the province Avila.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Avila, de Avila, Avilés, Aviles, Dávila, Davila, Dávilla and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Avila research. Another 193 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1570, 1658, 1799 and 1801 are included under the topic Early Avila History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 171 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Avila Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
The Avila Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Avila Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 May 2014 at 09:14.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.