100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Italian, Portuguese
Where did the Italian Amaral family come from? What is the Italian Amaral family crest and coat of arms? When did the Amaral family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Amaral family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Amarelli, Ameral, Amerel, Amaraldi and others.
First found in Calabria a territorial district of Italy. Ancient Calabria was in Lecce. Modern Calabria is in the southern extremity of Italy coasting the straits of Messina. Reggio and Messina are the cities of note. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Amaral research. Another 181 words(13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Amaral History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Amaral Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Joseph F. Amaral, who came to Ashtabula Co. , Ohio
- Frank Arnaldo Amaral, who settled in Ashtabula Co. , Ohio
Amaral Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Dominga Amaral, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Anna Filomena Amaral, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1894
Amaral Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Adam B. Amaral, aged 24, who landed in America from Mijarella, Portugal, in 1910
- Alfredo Santos Amaral, aged 33, who emigrated to the United States from Portugal, in 1919
- Americo Amaral, aged 33, who settled in America from Gouveia, Portugal, in 1920
- Abilio Augusto Amaral, aged 21, who settled in America from Monsao, Portugal, in 1920
- Amilear A. Amaral, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States, in 1923
- Richard Louis Amaral (b. 1962), American former utility player in Major League Baseball
- Ana Luísa Amaral (b. 1956), Portuguese poet and a professor of Anglo-American Studies
- Diogo Freitas do Amaral (b. 1941), Portuguese politician and law professor, Prime Minister of Portugal (1980 to 1981)
- Leandro Amaral (b. 1977), Brazilian football striker
- Dante Guimarães Santos do Amaral (b. 1980), Brazilian professional volleyball player
- João Bosco Soares da Mota Amaral (b. 1943), Portuguese politician
- Tarsila do Amaral (1886-1973), one of the leading Brazilian modernist artists
- Eva María Amaral (b. 1973), Spanish singer-songwriter
- Paulo Lima Amaral (1923-2008), former Brazilian footballer
- Suzana Amaral (b. 1932), Brazilian film director and screenwriter
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
The Amaral Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Amaral Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 October 2013 at 16:41.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!