BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Wagoner family come from? What is the Jewish Wagoner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wagoner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wagoner family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wagoner Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Wagoner, who arrived in Maryland in 1702-1703
- Sebastian Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Elias Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- William Wagoner, aged 42, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Johans Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
Wagoner Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Yorick Wagoner, aged 28, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Jacob Wagoner, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- John Wagoner, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Henry Wagoner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- Christopher Wagoner, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1854
Wagoner Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Otto Wagoner, who landed in Arkansas in 1906
- Dan Wagoner (b. 1932), American modern dancer
- David Wagoner (b. 1926), American poet, nominee for two National Book Awards
- Porter Wagoner (1927-2007), American country music singer, member of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- George Richard "Rick" Wagoner Jr. (b. 1953), American businessman, former General Motors chief executive officer
- Kenneth S. Wagoner (1911-1998), American professor and skin scientist
- Mark Wagoner (b. 1971), American politician, formerly in the Ohio House of Representatives
- Murray Van Wagoner (1898-1986), American politician, 38th Governor of Michigan from 1941 to 1942
- Winfred E. Wagoner (1888-1948), American educator
- The Descendants of Michael Wagoner, ca. 1774-1826 by Margaret M. Wagner.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
The Wagoner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wagoner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 March 2010 at 08:17.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is