BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the English Tripp family come from? What is the English Tripp family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tripp family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tripp family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tripp, Trippe, Trip, Trypp, Tryppe, Trype, Tripe and many more.
First found in Kent where they held a family seat from very ancient times, before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tripp research. Another 292 words(21 lines of text) covering the year 1296 is included under the topic Early Tripp History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tripp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tripp Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John Tripp of Northumberland, who came to Newport or Portsmouth, Rhode Island in 1630
- Edward Tripp settled in Virginia in 1649
- Edwd Tripp, who landed in Virginia in 1649
- John Tripp settled in Virginia in 1670
- John Tripp, who arrived in Rhode Island in 1672
Tripp Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Thomas Tripp, who landed in Georgia in 1733
Tripp Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Anthony Tripp, who landed in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 1843
- G. H. J. S. Tripp arrived in California in 1850
- Ira Tripp, aged 31, landed in New York in 1853
- Linda Tripp (b. 1949), American who was a central figure in the impeachment of U.S. President Bill Clinton
- Arthur Dyer Tripp Tripp III (b. 1944), American former musician best known for his work as a percussionist with Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
- Bartlett Tripp (1839-1911), American lawyer, judge, and diplomat
- Clarence Arthur Tripp PhD (1919-2003), American psychologist, writer and researcher for Alfred Kinsey
- Charles B. Tripp (1855-1930), Canadian-born, American sideshow performer known as the "Armless Wonder" who worked for P.T. Barnum and later the Ringling Brothers
- Paul Tripp (1911-2002), American children's musician, author, songwriter, and television and film actor, creator of the 1945 "Tubby the Tuba"
- Miles Barton Tripp (1923-2000), English writer
- Ella Tripp (b. 1976), British Olympic badminton player at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Jack Tripp (1922-2005), British comic actor
- Sir Herbert Alker Tripp CBE (1883-1954), British police official, Assistant Commissioner "B", Metropolitan Police (1932-1947)
- John Heron, Trippe, Senior, Husband of Sarah Ann Jones, Their Ancestors and Descendants by Helen A. Ball.
- Tripp Trails by Julie A. Hendricks.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Tripp Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tripp Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 June 2014 at 11:43.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is