BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Slaughter family come from? What is the English Slaughter family crest and coat of arms? When did the Slaughter family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Slaughter family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Slaughter, Sloughter, Slighter, Sclater and others.
First found in Gloucestershire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Slaughter research. Another 201 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1755, 1691 and 1691 are included under the topic Early Slaughter History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 37 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Slaughter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Slaughter Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John Slaughter who settled in Virginia in 1622
- Rebecca Slaughter settled in Virginia in 1635
- Rebecca Slaughter, who arrived in Virginia in 1635
- Bartholmew Slaughter, who landed in Maryland in 1648
- Bartholomew Slaughter, who arrived in Maryland in 1648
Slaughter Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Hance Slaughter, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1729
- Caterina Slaughter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1729
- John Slaughter, who landed in America in 1764
- John Slaughter settled in West New Jersey in 1772
Slaughter Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- P Slaughter, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Pleasant J Slaughter, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Louise McIntosh Slaughter (b. 1929), American Democratic Party politician
- Frank Gill Slaughter (1908-2001), pseudonym of C.V. Terry, an American best selling novelist and physician
- Enos Bradsher "Country" Slaughter (1916-2002), American Major League Baseball right fielder
- Mark Slaughter (b. 1964), American singer and musician
- Fenton M. Slaughter (1826-1897), American businessman and politician
- Tod Slaughter (1885-1956), English actor
- Carolyn Slaughter (b. 1946), English author, best known for her first novel The Story of the Weasel which won the Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize in 1977
- Andrew Francis Slaughter (b. 1960), British politician
- James Slaughter, Australian Executive Advisor
- History of a Missouri Farm Family by Stephen S. Slaughter.
- Slaughter and Price Genealogy by Raymond D. Slaughter.
- The Slaughter Ranches & their Makers by Mary Whatley Clarke.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
The Slaughter Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Slaughter Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 April 2014 at 09:06.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is