BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the German Noll family come from? What is the German Noll family crest and coat of arms? When did the Noll family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Noll family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Knoll, Knolle, Knole, Nole, Noll, Knol and others.
First found in Prussia, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Knoll became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Noll research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1791, 1794, 1790 and 1869 are included under the topic Early Noll History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Noll Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Noll Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Christoph Noll, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Johan Danyell Noll, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Bernhard Noll, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710-1714
- Hans Georg Noll, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- John Jurgh Noll, aged 36, landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
Noll Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Amand Noll, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Friedrich Noll, who arrived in America in 1845
- Henry Noll, aged 35, landed in Missouri in 1847
- Anton Noll, aged 34, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Josephine Noll, aged 29, arrived in New York, NY in 1847
- A. Michael Noll (b. 1939), American engineer, and professor emeritus
- Charles Henry "Chuck" Noll (1932-2014), American professional football player and head coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League from 1969 to 1991 and won more Super Bowl wins (4) than any other head coach in NFL history, inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1993
- Mark A. Noll (b. 1946), American historian, a specialist in the history of Christianity in the United States
- Christiane Noll (b. 1968), American singer and actress, best known for originating the role of Emma Carew in Frank Wildhorn's Jekyll & Hyde
- Richard Noll (b. 1959), American author and clinical psychologist
- Landon Curt Noll (b. 1960), American computer scientist, co-discoverer of the 25th Mersenne prime and discoverer of the 26th
- Benjamin Richard Noll (b. 1981), American football guard
- Ronald W. Noll (1929-2008), American conductor, music director, and television music supervisor
- Miles O. Noll, American clergyman, educator, and American football coach
- Lou Barker Noll (1927-1986), American poet
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Noll Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Noll Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 January 2014 at 10:38.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is