BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the German Noll family come from? What is the German Noll family crest and coat of arms? When did the Noll family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Noll family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Knoll, Knolle, Knole, Nole, Noll, Knol and others.
First found in Prussia, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Knoll became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Noll research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1791, 1794, 1790 and 1869 are included under the topic Early Noll History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Noll Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Noll Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Christoph Noll, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Johan Danyell Noll, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Bernhard Noll, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710-1714
- Hans Georg Noll, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- John Jurgh Noll, aged 36, landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
Noll Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Amand Noll, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Friedrich Noll, who arrived in America in 1845
- Henry Noll, aged 35, landed in Missouri in 1847
- Anton Noll, aged 34, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Josephine Noll, aged 29, arrived in New York, NY in 1847
- A. Michael Noll (b. 1939), American engineer, and professor emeritus
- Charles Henry "Chuck" Noll (1932-2014), American professional football player and head coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League from 1969 to 1991 and won more Super Bowl wins (4) than any other head coach in NFL history, inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1993
- Mark A. Noll (b. 1946), American historian, a specialist in the history of Christianity in the United States
- Christiane Noll (b. 1968), American singer and actress, best known for originating the role of Emma Carew in Frank Wildhorn's Jekyll & Hyde
- Richard Noll (b. 1959), American author and clinical psychologist
- Landon Curt Noll (b. 1960), American computer scientist, co-discoverer of the 25th Mersenne prime and discoverer of the 26th
- Benjamin Richard Noll (b. 1981), American football guard
- Ronald W. Noll (1929-2008), American conductor, music director, and television music supervisor
- Miles O. Noll, American clergyman, educator, and American football coach
- Lou Barker Noll (1927-1986), American poet
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Noll Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Noll Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 January 2014 at 10:38.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is