100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Moser family come from? What is the German Moser family crest and coat of arms? When did the Moser family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Moser family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moser, Mosier, Moeser, Moesier, Mosser, Mozer and others.
First found in Swabia, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. Chronicles first mention Rudolph in dem mose of Wuerttemberg in 1269, and Hainrich in dem Mos of Tyrol in 1379. In their later history the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as their influence grew.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moser research. Another 361 words(26 lines of text) covering the years 1482, 1534, 1558, 1573, 1574, 1606, 1701, 1715, 1759, 1764, 1765, 1785, and 1818 are included under the topic Early Moser History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 57 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moser Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- William Moser, who landed in Maryland in 1668
- Ann Moser, who landed in Maryland in 1678
Moser Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Moser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Hans Moser, who came to Philadelphia in 1727
- Hans Moser, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Jost Moser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Martin Moser, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1728
Moser Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Valentin Moser, who arrived in North America in 1838
- R Moser, who arrived in Valdivia, Chile in 1850
- Rheinhold Moser, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906
- Lawrence Moser, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1852
- Conrad Moser emigrated to Texas in 1852
- Edward W. Moser (1924-1976), American linguist
- Neal Moser (b. 1943), American guitar luthier
- Juergen K Moser (1928-1999), German-born mathematician awarded the 1994/5 Wolf Prize
- Sir Claus Adolf Moser (b. 1922), professor of Social Statistics, the director of the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, head of the Government Statistical Service, Chancellor of the University of Keele, and Honorary Fellow of the Royal Academy of Music in London. He was awarded the Ordre national du Merite in 1976, the Commander's Cross in 1986, and the Order of Merit from West Germany in the same year
- Edda Moser (b. 1938), German soprano, recipient of the Grand Prix du Disque (1973)
- Hans Joachim Moser (1889-1967), German composer and musicologist
- Johann Jakob Moser (1701-1785), German jurist
- Johannes Moser (b. 1979), German cellist
- Thomas Colborn Moser (b. 1923), professor of English at Stanford
- George Michael Moser (1704-1783), Swiss-born, English gold chaser and enameller
- A Family Letter: Written in Nineteen Thirty-Two by George Moser to his Nephew Arthur Moser by George Moser.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Moser Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Moser Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 August 2014 at 14:41.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!