100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Dutch, English, German, Jewish, Scottish
Where did the Jewish Miller family come from? What is the Jewish Miller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Miller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Miller family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Miller Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Benjamin Miller, aged 30, arrived in Bermuda in 1635
- Sander Miller, who landed in New England in 1652
- Sarah Miller, who arrived in Maryland in 1666
Miller Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Symon Miller, who arrived in Virginia in 1705
- Steve Miller, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Joost Miller, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Hans Lendert Miller, who settled in Philadelphia in 1728
- Anna Miller, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
Miller Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Alexander Craig Miller, who landed in New York in 1801
- Catharina Miller, aged 13, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1807
- Adam Miller, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1809
- Ann Miller, aged 55, arrived in Maryland in 1812
- Arthur G Miller, aged 27, landed in Georgia in 1812
Miller Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Archie W Miller, who arrived in Mississippi in 1902
- Arthur Miller (1915-2005), American playwright best known for his Pulitzer Prize-winning "Death of a Salesman"
- Mitchell William "Mitch" Miller (1911-2010), American musician, singer, conductor, record producer, A&R man, and record company executive
- Henry Valentine Miller (1891-1980), American author
- Merton Howard Miller (1923-2000), American economist, who won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1990
- Susan Miller (b. 1946), original name of Susan St. James, American actress and activist
- Reggie Miller (b. 1965), retired American professional basketball player who holds the NBA record for career three-pointers
- Shannon Miller (b. 1977), American lawyer and artistic gymnast, winner of a combined total of 16 World Championships and Olympic medals between 1991 and 1996
- Joaquin Miller (1839-1913), American poet
- Stanley Lloyd Miller (1930-2007), American chemist and biologist considered a pioneer in the field of exobiology
- Staff Sergeant Andrew Miller (1916-1944), American Army soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- The History and Genealogy of the Miller Family by Thelma Ray Miller.
- The Huguenot Millers by Margaret Miller White.
- The Miller and Simmons Families by William Shurtleff.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
The Miller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Miller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 March 2014 at 14:38.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!