BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Lemieux family come from? When did the Lemieux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemieux family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lemieux, Limeux, Lemeux, Lemieus, Lemeur, Lemeut, Lemuet, Lemut, Lemue, Lemuel, Lemoual, Lemouee, Moues, Moule, Mieure and many more.
First found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where this eminent family held a family seat in the honor of De Limeux, a village in the ancient department of Cher in the Somme.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemieux research. Another 161 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1598, 1659 and 1613 are included under the topic Early Lemieux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemieux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemieux Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur Lemieux, aged 40, who landed in America from Paris, in 1903
- Alphonse Lemieux, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1904
- George Stephen LeMieux (b. 1969), American politician, United States Senator from Florida (2009-2011)
- Raymond U. Lemieux CC, AOE, FRS (1920-2000), Canadian organic chemist awarded the 1999 Wolf Prize in Chemistry
- Mario Lemieux OC, CQ (b. 1965), Canadian three-time gold medalist professional NHL ice hockey player, inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1997, owner and chairman of the Pittsburgh Penguins (1999-)
- Jean Paul Lemieux CC, GOQ (1904-1990), Canadian painter
- Ron Lemieux (b. 1950), Canadian politician, Manitoba Minister of Local Government (2009-)
- Julie Lemieux (b. 1962), Canadian voice actress
- Claude Percy Lemieux (b. 1965), retired Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player
- Réal "Frenchy" Lemieux (1945-1975), Canadian retired NHL ice hockey right winger
- David Lemieux (b. 1988), Canadian professional boxer, WBC International Middleweight Champion
- Jacques Leonard Lemieux (b. 1943), Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player for the Los Angeles Kings from 1967 through 1970
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
This page was last modified on 15 April 2014 at 10:39.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is