BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Larrabee family come from? When did the Larrabee family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Larrabee family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laramée, Laramee, Laramey, Laramy, Ramée, Ramee and many more.
First found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire département, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where this distinguished family held a family seat from ancient times, and were important members of the aristocracy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Larrabee research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1717 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Larrabee History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Larrabee Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Larrabee Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John Larrabee, who arrived in New England in 1694
Larrabee Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Edward F. Larrabee, aged 58, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
- George Larrabee, aged 24, who settled in America, in 1896
- Della Larrabee, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1897
Larrabee Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Larrabee, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1903
- Mrs. L.M. Larrabee, aged 66, who landed in America, in 1905
- Jeanie Larrabee, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Sterling Larrabee, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1910
- Anna Larrabee, aged 37, who settled in America, in 1910
- Charles H. Larrabee (1820-1883), U.S. congressman
- Charles Xavier Larrabee (1843-1914), American businessman and co-founder of Fairhaven, Washington
- James W. Larrabee (1839-1907), American Civil War Medal of Honor recipient
- Michael Larrabee (1933-2003), American Olympic medalist
- Constance Stuart Larrabee (1914-2000), South African photographer
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
This page was last modified on 19 March 2014 at 20:14.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is