BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, German, Swedish
Where did the Swedish Johanson family come from? What is the Swedish Johanson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Johanson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Johanson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johanson Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Johanson, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1693
Johanson Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Pete Johanson, aged 20, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1837
- Hans Peter Johanson, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Anders Johanson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Daniel Johanson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gustaf A Johanson, aged 16, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Johanson Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- August Johanson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
- Donald Johanson (b. 1943), American paleoanthropologist, best known for discovering the fossil of a female hominid australopithecine known as "Lucy"
- Jai Johanny Johanson (b. 1944), American drummer and percussionist, one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band
- Bryan Johanson (b. 1951), American classical guitarist & composer
- Chris Johanson (b. 1968), American painter and street artist
- John Peter Johanson, American sailor, Medal of Honor recipient
- Anton Johanson (1877-1952), Swedish footballer
- Jay-Jay Johanson (b. 1969), Swedish musician, singer, songwriter
- Arvid Helmer Johanson (b. 1929), Norwegian newspaper editor and politician
- Sue Johanson CM (b. 1930), born Susan Powell, Canadian writer, public speaker, registered nurse, sex educator
- Reg Johanson (b. 1968), Canadian composition and literature instructor, poet and essayist
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
The Johanson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johanson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 November 2013 at 13:40.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is