BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, English, German, Irish, Norwegian, Russian
Where did the Norwegian Hanson family come from? What is the Norwegian Hanson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hanson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hanson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hansen, Hanssen, Haesen, Hensen,Hanson and others.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hanson Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Wybra Hanson, who landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1633
- Jo Hanson, aged 27, landed in St Christopher in 1635
- Tho Hanson, who arrived in Virginia in 1656
- Andrew Hanson, who landed in Maryland in 1658
- Anibeck Hanson, who arrived in Maryland in 1658
Hanson Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Godfried Hanson, who landed in New York in 1715
- William Hanson, who arrived in New York in 1789
Hanson Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jonathan Hanson, who landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Ole H Hanson, who arrived in illinois in 1839
- Thomas Hanson, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Joseph Hanson, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1842
- Robert Hanson, who landed in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 1844
Hanson Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Maria Hanson, who arrived in Colorado in 1907
- Hans Peder Hanson, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1909
- John Oscar Hanson, who landed in Wisconsin in 1912
- Ed Hanson, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1912
- Tom Hanson, who landed in Wisconsin in 1914
- Hans Hanson of Red Lyon Hundred, New Castle County, Delaware by Baldwin Springer Maull.
- Hanson Relatives: Ancestors and Descendants of Love, Susan, Nahum, and Charles Hanson, and Ancestors of Some of the Spouses of Hanson Descendants by Charlotte A. Nicely.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
The Hanson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hanson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 July 2014 at 00:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is