100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Russian
Where did the Danish Hansen family come from? What is the Danish Hansen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hansen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hansen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hansen Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Hans Hansen, who landed in New Jersey in 1640
- Thomas Hansen, who landed in Virginia in 1656
- Symon Hansen, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1663
- Hartwig Hansen, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1663
- Hendrick Hansen, who landed in New York, NY in 1663
Hansen Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Isabella Hansen, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1773
- Elias Hansen, who arrived in Charles Town [Charleston], South Carolina sometime between 1775 and 1779
Hansen Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Niels Christian Holger E Hansen, who landed in New York in 1835
- Even Hansen, aged 50, arrived in New York, NY in 1840
- Hans Jacob Hansen, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Fritz Hein Hansen, who came to Texas in 1845
- Heinrich Hansen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
Hansen Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- John J Hansen, who arrived in Alaska in 1903
- Joppe Hansen, who arrived in Arkansas in 1904
- Otto Hansen, who landed in Alabama in 1913
- Sigurd Hansen, who landed in Alabama in 1917
- Charles Hansen, who landed in Alabama in 1918
- Marcus Lee Hansen (1892-1938), American historian
- Clifford Peter Hansen (1912-2009), American politician, Governor of Wyoming from 1963 to 1967
- Private Dale Merlin Hansen (1922-1945), American Marine awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1945
- Peter Hansen (b. 1921), American Daytime Emmy Award-winning American actor
- William Webster Hansen (1909-1949), American physicist who was one of the founders of the technology of microwave electronics
- Brigadier-General Victor Russell Hansen (1904-1980), American Adjutant-General of California (1944-1946)
- Alvin Harvey Hansen (1887-1975), American economist
- George V. Hansen (b. 1930), American politician from Idaho
- Peter Hansen (b. 1921), American actor
- Lars Peter Hansen (b. 1952), American David Rockefeller Distinguished Service Professor of economics at the University of Chicago, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences (2013)
- Ancestors and Kin by Robert Walden Coggeshall.
- The Genealogy of Dale Winslow Hansen by Dale W. Hansen.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Hansen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hansen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 31 October 2014 at 13:16.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!