BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Flores family come from? What is the Spanish Flores family crest and coat of arms? When did the Flores family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Flores family history?From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Flores family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Flórez, Florez, Flores, Flóriz, Floriz, Flóraz, Floraz, Flor, Florán, Floran, Florián and many more.
First found in Asturias, where the Visigothic court took refuge after the Muslim invasion of the peninsula.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flores research. Another 401 words(29 lines of text) covering the years 1128, 1236, 1787, 1789, and 1790 are included under the topic Early Flores History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 102 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Flores Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso Flores came to Mexico in 1539
- Alonso Flores, who settled in Mexico in 1539
- Alejo Flores arrived in Colombia in 1576
- Alvaro Alfonso Flores settled in Guatemala in 1595
Flores Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John Flores, who landed in Virginia in 1622
- M DeLa Flores, aged 23, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1626
Flores Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Flores, who arrived in America in 1810
- Bernardino De Flores, who landed in America in 1811
- Maria Flores, who landed in America in 1813
- Pedro De Flores, who arrived in America in 1813
- Catalina De Flores, who arrived in America in 1814
Flores Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Flores, aged 34, who settled in America from Pomarico, in 1907
- Alfonso Flores, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1920
- Angelo Flores, aged 47, who landed in America from Pomarico, Italy, in 1921
- Angel Flores, aged 42, who landed in America, in 1923
- Albert P. Flores, aged 20, who emigrated to America, in 1924
- Randy Alan Flores (b. 1975), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- David Romero Flores (b. 1968), Mexican jockey in American Thoroughbred horse racing, three-time winner of the Breeders' Cup
- Lola Flores (1923-1995), Spanish singer and actress
- Mario Flores, Bolivian playwright
- Dr. Domingo Flores, Bolivian geographer
- Dr. Manuel Flores, Mexican journalist
- Juan José Flores (1801-1864), Venezuelan statesman
- Virginia Jaramillo Flores, Mexican politician affiliated to the Party of the Democratic Revolution
- Antonio Munguía Flores (b. 1942), retired Mexican football midfielder
- Carlos Roberto Flores Facussé (b. 1950), President of Honduras (January 1998 to January 2002)
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Flores Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Flores Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 August 2014 at 16:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is