BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Cruz family come from? What is the Spanish Cruz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cruz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cruz family history?The prestigious surname Cruz originated in Spain, a country which has figured prominently in world affairs for hundreds of years.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cruz, de Cruz, de la Cruz, Cruces, Cruzado and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cruz research. Another 407 words(29 lines of text) covering the years 1082 and 1693 are included under the topic Early Cruz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 136 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cruz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Miguel de la Cruz, who sailed to America in 1513
- Hernando de la Cruz sailed to Río de la Plata in 1535
- Gabriel de la Cruz sailed to Hispaniola in 1536
- Pedro de la Cruz sailed to Puerto Rico in 1537
- Francisco de la Cruz sailed to New Spain in 1538
Cruz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Miguel DeLa Cruz, who landed in America in 1813
- Manuel DeLa Cruz, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Rafael DeLa Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Maria DeLa Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1835
- A Cruz, aged 24, landed in New Orleans, La in 1838
Cruz Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Gregorio Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1910
- Manuel Cruz, who arrived in Texas in 1910
- Santiago Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1910
- Porfirio Cruz, who arrived in Texas in 1910
- Nilo Cruz (b. 1960), Cuban-American playwright and pedagogue awarded the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for Drama
- Penélope Cruz (b. 1974), Spanish Golden Globe award winning actress
- Hernando Holguín Cruz (b. 1913), Colombian banker
- Óscar Coello Cruz (b. 1947), Peruvian poet and literary critic
- Leonardo Cruz (b. 1953), Dominican World Junior Featherweight Champion
- Rolando Cruz (b. 1939), Puerto Rican former pole vaulter, three time gold medalist at the Central American and Caribbean Games
- José Cruz (b. 1947), Puerto-Rican Major League Baseball player
- Oswaldo Gonçalves Cruz (1872-1917), Brazilian microbiologist, epidemiologist, and public health officer
- Julio Ricardo Cruz (b. 1974), Argentine footballer, member of the National team (1997-2008)
- Pablo Raul Lugo Cruz (b. 1932), retired Puerto Rican boxer
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Cruz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cruz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 August 2014 at 16:27.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is