100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Broussard family come from? What is the French Broussard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Broussard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Broussard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brousset, Brouset, Brusset, Bruset, Brousse, Broussard, Brouse, Brousses, Brousser, Brouser, Brusser, Bruser, Brussé, Brusé, Broussé, Brous, Broussey, Brousey, Brussey, Brusey, Broussay, Brussay, Brousay, Brusay, Broussai, Brousai, Brussai, Brusai, Broussaie, Brussaie, Brousaie, Brusaie, de Brousset, de Brouset, de Brusset, de Bruset, de Brousse, Broussette, Brousette, Brosset, Brossette, Brussette and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where the family has been anciently seated from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Broussard research. Another 465 words(33 lines of text) covering the years 1702, 1765, 1789, 1792, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Broussard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 91 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Broussard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Broussard Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Sceviot Broussard, who arrived in New York, NY in 1668
Broussard Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Alexander Broussard, who arrived in South Carolina in 1753-1756
- Victor Broussard, who arrived in South Carolina in 1755-1756
- Claude Broussard, who landed in Maryland in 1763
- Firmin Broussard, who arrived in Maryland in 1763
- Jean Broussard, who landed in Maryland in 1763
Broussard Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Regis Broussard, aged 48, who landed in America, in 1908
- Louis Broussard, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1909
- Lenia Broussard, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Marie Maurice Broussard, aged 26, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1919
- Andree Julie Broussard, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1919
- Benjamin Issac "Ben" Broussard (b. 1976), American Major League Baseball first baseman who played from 2002 to 2008
- Robert Foligny Broussard (1864-1918), American politician, U.S. representative and a U.S. senator from Louisiana
- Rebecca Broussard (b. 1963), American actress and model
- Steve Nelson Broussard (b. 1967), American football (NFL) player and University football coach
- Aaron F. Broussard (b. 1949), American politician, President of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana from 2003 to 2010
- Allen E. Broussard (1929-1996), African-American judge, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of California (1981-1991)
- Edwin Sidney Broussard I (1874-1934), American politician, United States Senator from Louisiana (1921-1933)
- Joseph Eloi Broussard (1866-1956), American founder of the first commercial rice mill in Texas
- Marc Broussard (b. 1982), American singer-songwriter
- Valsin Broussard, American merchant in Lafayette, Louisiana who formed the first Vigilante Committee when his own store was robbed, eponym of Broussard, Louisiana, direct descendant of Joseph Gaurhept Broussard
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Broussard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Broussard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 November 2013 at 08:17.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!