BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Boettger family come from? When did the Boettger family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boettger family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boetticher, Bottcher, Boticher, Boettiger, Boettger, Bottikker, Botikker, Boticker and many more.
First found in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, where the name Botticher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging dukedom which would later play a large role in the tribal and power struggles of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local, social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boettger research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1682, 1719, 1815, 1870, 1760 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Boettger History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 101 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boettger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boettger Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Augustus Boettger who arrived in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Augustus Boettger, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Friedrich Boettger, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Charles Boettger, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1873
- Margaretha Boettger, aged 5, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
Boettger Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Henriette Boettger, aged 19, who landed in America from Hamburg, in 1903
- Theo M. Boettger, who landed in America, in 1903
- Lina Boettger, aged 23, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1909
- Henry Boettger, aged 64, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Herbert Boettger, aged 1, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1909
- Nancy Jane Boettger (b. 1943), the Iowa State Senator from the 29th District
- Oskar Boettger (1844-1910), German zoologist
- Johann Friedrich Böettger (1682-1719), German alchemist
- Caesar Rudolf Boettger (1888-1976), German zoologist
- Thomas Böettger (b. 1957), German composer and pianist
- Rudolf Christian Böettger (1806-1881), German inorganic chemist
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
This page was last modified on 28 October 2013 at 16:19.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is