BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Blanchard family come from? What is the French Blanchard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Blanchard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Blanchard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Blanchard, Blanchart, Blancard, Blanchauld, Blanchod, Blanckart, Blanckert, Blankert, Blanckaert, Blancaert, Planckaert and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where they held a family seat in the Seigniory of Blanchardière in the department of l'Orne in the arrondisement of Domfront.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blanchard research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1418, 1753, 1809, 1785, 1600, 1638, 1630, 1704, 1650 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Blanchard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 127 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Blanchard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Blanchard Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Blanchard, who arrived in Charlestown, Massachusetts in 1639
- Mattheus Blanchard, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1660
- William Blanchard settled in Barbados in 1680 with his servants
- Elie Blanchard, who landed in South Carolina in 1680
- Henri Blanchard, aged 24, arrived in South Carolina in 1680
Blanchard Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Sarah Blanchard, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1712
- Louis Blanchard settled in Louisiana in 1719
- John Blanchard, who arrived in South Carolina in 1756
- James Blanchard, who arrived in New York in 1761
- Joseph Blanchard, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1763
Blanchard Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Blanchard, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1805
- William Blanchard, who arrived in America in 1806
- Wm Blanchard, aged 27, landed in America in 1822
- Elizabeth Blanchard, aged 25, arrived in America in 1822
- Francie Blanchard, who arrived in Savanna(h), Georgia in 1826
- Terence Oliver Blanchard (b. 1962), American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer, arranger, and film score composer
- Mari Blanchard (1927-1970), American actress
- Jack Blanchard (b. 1942), American country songwriter, saxophonist and keyboardist
- Felix Anthony "Doc" Blanchard (1924-2009), American college football player who became the first ever junior to win the Heisman Trophy, Maxwell Award and was the first ever football player to win the James E. Sullivan Award, all in 1945
- Francis Blanchard (b. 1916), French Director General of the International Labour Office, Geneva (1973-1989)
- Brigadier-General André Blanchard (1893-1981), French Director of Powder Service
- General Georges-Maurice-Jean Blanchard (1877-1954), French Inspector of 9th & 12th Military Regions
- Brigadier-General Maurice Blanchard (1883-1945), French Director of Medical Services, Madagascar
- Françoise Blanchard (1954-2013), French actress
- Rachel Elise Blanchard (b. 1976), Canadian actress
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Blanchard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Blanchard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 February 2014 at 10:10.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is