BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Dutch-Alt, Dutch, English, German, Irish, Swedish
Where did the Dutch Bergen family come from? What is the Dutch Bergen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bergen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bergen family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Berger, Bergen, Berg, Van Berg, Van Berger, Van Bergen, Van den Berger, Van den Berg, Van der Berg, Van den Bergh and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bergen Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Hans Hans Bergen, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1620
- Martin Gerretsen Van Bergen, who landed in Albany, NY in 1630
- Hans Hansen Bergen, who arrived in New York in 1633
- Hans Hansen Van Bergen, who landed in New York, NY in 1633
- Breckje Hans Bergen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1661
Bergen Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Bergen, who landed in New York in 1709
Bergen Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Joh V Bergen, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Andrew Bergen, aged 24, arrived in New York in 1835
- Casper Bergen, aged 19, arrived in New York, NY in 1847
- John Bergen, who arrived in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1848
- Bridget Bergen, aged 16, landed in New York in 1849
Bergen Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Moses B Bergen, who landed in Mississippi in 1900
- Candice Patricia Bergen (b. 1946), American five-time Emmy Award, two-time Golden Globe winning American actress
- Edgar Bergen (1903-1978), born Edgar John Bergren, American ventriloq Uist, actor and radio performer known for his double entendres with Charlie, his dummy and his fictional feuds with W.C. Fields, inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame, father of Candice Bergen
- William Benjamin Bergen, American aerospace engineer, who became President of Aerospace Operations in 1971
- Polly Bergen (b. 1930), American Emmy Award-winning actress, singer, and entrepreneur
- Robert "Bob" Bergen (b. 1964), American voice actor, current voice of Porky Pig
- William Aloysius "Bill" Bergen (1878-1943), American Major League Baseball catcher who played from 1901 through 1911
- Frances Bergen (1922-2006), born Frances Westerman, American actress and fashion model, wife of ventriloq Uist Edgar Bergen
- Steve von Bergen, Swiss footballer
- De Amicis, Edmondo and Helen Zimmern. Holland. Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1894. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Grattan, Thomas Colley. Holdan The History of the Netherlands. Charleston, SC: Biblio Bazaar LLC, 2007. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Bayerisch Stammenbuch von den alten abgestorbenen Fuerten. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Bergen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bergen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 January 2014 at 09:19.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is