BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Bender family come from? What is the German Bender family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bender family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bender family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bender, Bennder, Bendder, Bander, Bannder, Bandder and many more.
First found in Baden, where the name Bender came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bender research. Another 266 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1745, 1770, and 1782 are included under the topic Early Bender History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 56 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bender Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bender Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Maria Bender, who arrived in New York, NY in 1709
- Georg Bender, who landed in New York in 1709
- Henr Bender, who landed in America in 1709
- Henr Peter Bender, who arrived in America in 1709
- Henrig Bender, who landed in New York in 1709
Bender Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Hendrick Bender, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Matth Bender, who arrived in America in 1807
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bender, who arrived in America in 1833
- Maria Christina Bender, who landed in America in 1835
- Anna Margaretha Bender, who landed in America in 1840
Bender Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Frank C Bender, who arrived in Arkansas in 1900
- Russ Bender (1910-1969), American actor, and screenwriter
- Robert Bender (b. 1962), American children's author/illustrator
- Staff Sergeant Stanley Bender (1909-1994), United States Army soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Lawrence Bender (b. 1957), American film producer
- Hans Bender (1907-1991), German lecturer of parapsychology, a founder of the parapsychological institute: "Instituts für Grenzgebiete der Psychologie und Psychohygiene" in Freiburg
- The Tansill, Bender, Callan, Holmeand, and Other Early American Families by Xavier Bender Tansill.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Bender Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bender Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 January 2014 at 17:26.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is