BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Beasley family come from? What is the English Beasley family crest and coat of arms? When did the Beasley family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Beasley family history?Beasley is a name of ancient Anglo-Saxon origin and comes from a family once having lived in Beasley, in the county of Lancashire.
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore, spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Beasley has been recorded under many different variations, including Beazley, Beasley, Beasely, Beesely, Beesley, Bezley, Beasey and many more.
First found in Warwickshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times, long before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beasley research. Another 268 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beasley History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Beasley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Beasley family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 102 words(7 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Beasley or a variant listed above:
Beasley Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- John Beasley, who landed in America in 1724
- John Beasley settled in New England in 1751
- Richard Beasley settled in New England in 1753
- Bennet Beasley, who landed in Virginia in 1755
- Bennet Beasley who settled in Virginia in 1755
Beasley Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Isaac Beasley, who landed in New York in 1830
- William Beasley, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Berry Beasley, who arrived in Texas in 1835
- George Beasley, who landed in America in 1841
- Moses Beasley, aged 55, arrived in New York in 1854
- David Muldrow Beasley (b. 1957), American politician, 113th Governor of South Carolina (1995-1999)
- Frederick Jerome Beasley (b. 1974), American NFL football player
- Jamar Beasley (b. 1979), American soccer player
- Major-General Rex Webb Beasley (1892-1961), American Commanding Officer Artillery, 81st Division (1942-1945)
- Aaron Bruce Beasley (b. 1973), former American college and professional NFL football player
- Allyce Beasley (b. 1954), American actress
- Bruce Beasley (b. 1939), American abstract expressionist sculptor
- John Albert "Jack" Beasley (1895-1949), Australian politician, Member of the Australian Parliament for West Sydney (1928-1946)
- Simon Beasley (b. 1956), former Australian rules footballer
- Dame Christine Joan Beasley DBE (b. 1944), British nurse, Chief Nursing Officer for England (2004-)
- My Folks: Pritchard, Vaught, Beasley, Sargent by Thelma Sargent.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
The Beasley Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Beasley Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 December 2013 at 00:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is