100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Beasley family come from? What is the English Beasley family crest and coat of arms? When did the Beasley family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Beasley family history?Beasley is a name of ancient Anglo-Saxon origin and comes from a family once having lived in Beasley, in the county of Lancashire.
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore, spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Beasley has been recorded under many different variations, including Beazley, Beasley, Beasely, Beesely, Beesley, Bezley, Beasey and many more.
First found in Warwickshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times, long before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beasley research. Another 268 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beasley History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Beasley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Beasley family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 102 words(7 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Beasley or a variant listed above:
Beasley Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- John Beasley, who landed in America in 1724
- John Beasley settled in New England in 1751
- Richard Beasley settled in New England in 1753
- Bennet Beasley, who landed in Virginia in 1755
- Bennet Beasley who settled in Virginia in 1755
Beasley Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Isaac Beasley, who landed in New York in 1830
- William Beasley, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Berry Beasley, who arrived in Texas in 1835
- George Beasley, who landed in America in 1841
- Moses Beasley, aged 55, arrived in New York in 1854
- David Muldrow Beasley (b. 1957), American politician, 113th Governor of South Carolina (1995-1999)
- Frederick Jerome Beasley (b. 1974), American NFL football player
- Jamar Beasley (b. 1979), American soccer player
- Major-General Rex Webb Beasley (1892-1961), American Commanding Officer Artillery, 81st Division (1942-1945)
- Aaron Bruce Beasley (b. 1973), former American college and professional NFL football player
- Allyce Beasley (b. 1954), American actress
- Bruce Beasley (b. 1939), American abstract expressionist sculptor
- John Albert "Jack" Beasley (1895-1949), Australian politician, Member of the Australian Parliament for West Sydney (1928-1946)
- Simon Beasley (b. 1956), former Australian rules footballer
- Dame Christine Joan Beasley DBE (b. 1944), British nurse, Chief Nursing Officer for England (2004-)
- My Folks: Pritchard, Vaught, Beasley, Sargent by Thelma Sargent.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Beasley Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Beasley Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 December 2013 at 00:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!